Sisters of Our Lady of the Missions (RNDM)
- A learning center for Earth studies. Focuses on the connections between the health of our global commons of air, water, land and nature, and the health of our local communities and bioregions. Grounded in a spirituality that reverences Earth as a primary revelation of the divine.
- Place the ancient monastic values of prayer and silence, simplicity and scholarship, manual labor, organic farming and the cultivation of the arts at the service of the entire Earth community in order to promote a sustainable future.
Homecoming – Sophia Garden-Learning Center
- Committed to the understanding that the human and natural world are one sacred community of life.
- Dedicated to inspiriting the work of transforming human relationships with Earth and among ourselves, from dominance to co-creative partnerships.
Ignatius Jesuit Centre of Guelph
- Celebrates the gifts and diversity of life. A place of beauty and sustenance, a place to play in and pray in, where nature may give strength to mind, body and soul.
- Dedicated to providing programming, natural settings and facilities for environmental education, outdoor recreation and social enterprise.
Oak Hammock Marsh Interpretive Centre
- Fosters public awareness and knowledge of the inherent values of wetlands and associated ecosystems, and to encourage public support for their conservation through innovative education and outreach programs.
Tall Grass Prairie Bread Company
- Believe that good bread is made when we work with our Mother the Earth in a spirit of gratitude and with loving responsiveness to her needs and ours. Together with the Earth, those who grow, those who mill, those who bake and those who buy – each offer a unique gift to the creation of the Tall Grass product. Our bakeries are the meeting place where the loaf of bread is born and begins to sing its own song.
Awakening the Dreamer, Changing the Dream
- Bringing forth an environmentally sustainable, spiritually fulfilling and socially just human presence on Planet Earth
Earth Charter Initiative
- Based on extensive international consultations over a period of many years, the principles of the Earth Charter are also based upon contemporary science, international law, and the insights of philosophy and religion.
- A fun, irreverent green blog featuring the latest environmental news, features, original cartoons and videos which is dedicated to cutting through the eco-fluff to get to the heart of the new green movement.
- Seeks to integrate earth care, spirituality and personal wholeness.
- Works to inspire and mobilize the Christian community to play a leadership role in building a just and sustainable future.
Earth: A Graphic Look at the State of the World
- A wall chart and web site that aim to show, in a clear and concise way, the state of the entire planet -- both its natural and human populations.
- A Buddhist response to Global Warming.
Ecoholic [When You’re Addicted to the Planet]
- A resource for practical tips and products – in a Canadian context.
- To educate, motivate and inspire the “people power” needed to fuel a growing wave of environmental action around the world.
Forum on Religion and Ecology at Yale University
- The moral imperative and value systems of religions are indispensable in mobilizing the sensibilities of people toward preserving the environment for future generations.
- A network of people who celebrate the human spirit in the context of our place in the natural world and Earth's own evolutionary journey.
The Great Story
- Resources and information from Michael Dowd and Connie Barlow
- For peace, justice, and life on Earth, fresh ways of seeing arise, and ancient ways return. This web site opens doors to the new bodies of thought, time-tested spiritual practices, and pioneering group methods ... I share these resources in service to the revolution of our time: the "Great Turning" from the industrial growth society to a life-sustaining civilization.
Spirituality and Ecological Hope
- Explores the spiritual meaning of the ecological crisis now facing Earth, and the question "What kind of human beings will be as we go through this ecological crisis?"
The Rainforest Information Centre
- Dedicated to the protection of the Earth's remaining rainforests and the indigenous people who depend on them.
Canadian Conference of Catholic Bishops
- (CCCB – Ottawa) – As part of the United Nations’ International Year of Planet Earth, the Canadian Conference of Catholic Bishops (CCCB) has published a pastoral letter which calls for a collective consciousness to face critical environmental problems affecting the earth. Produced by the Episcopal Commission for Social Affairs, the pastoral letter is titled "Our Relationship with the Environment: The Need for Conversion."
Renewing Hope: Pathways of Religious Environmentalism
- Manitoba Eco-Network promotes positive environmental action by connecting people and groups in our communities. We educate, we facilitate, we celebrate!
Saskatchewan Eco Network
- The Saskatchewan Eco Network (SEN) is a non-profit, non-government organization that connects environmentalists - within the province and across Canada - promoting active networking among member groups.
- Supports active engagement in building a just and sustainable world. Spotlights practical possibilities for deep shifts in our society.
- Serious thinking on the deeper connection between the environment and social and political issues.
- A respected environmental affairs magazine. Challenges conventional thinking and empowers readers to tackle global issues on a local scale.
- Utne Reader and Utne.com are digests of independent ideas and alternative culture. Not right, not left, but forward thinking. We're most interested in creating a conversation about everything from the environment to the economy, politics to pop culture.
- Committed to raising awareness of the key ecological and spiritual issues of our time.
EarthLight – Exploring and Celebrating Eco-Spirituality
- To live, communicate, and celebrate a story that vitalizes our sacred relationship with the living Earth.
E - The Environmental Magazine
- A bimonthly “clearinghouse” of information, news and resources for people who want to know “What can I do?” to make a difference.
Mind and Life XXIII - Ecology, Ethics and Interdependence with Sallie McFague
- The Mind and Life XXIII Conference with His Holiness the Dali Lama in dialogue with contemplative scholars, activists and ecological scientists, including Sallie McFague, who discuss the interconnection between individual choices and environmental consequences.
- Filmed on Samos in the Greek Islands..... "From the Big Bang–to the epic impact humans have on the planet today–this film is designed to inspire a new and closer relationship with Earth in a period of growing environmental and social crisis."
- Seen from the perspective of the evolutionary process, earth gave birth to life. And life takes on the dynamics of this planet, to grow increasingly complex, to adapt to change, and to continue to give birth to ever more complexity. Along the way, incredibly adaptive mechanisms such as photosynthesis, which turns energy from the sun into life, and sexuality, which creates new life from shared genetic material, are invented. Underlying these processes is the essence of life, which Swimme explains as a profound longing for a deeper, richer experience. Part of The New Story Series.
Joanna Macy on The Great Turning
- Eco-philosopher Joanna Macy speaks about the concept of a Great Turning.
- The wombat speaks, and he's smarter than you, so listen up! In less than a minute, this rapid-fire animation tells you everything you need to know about how to get along on earth for the next million years.
The Galaxy Song
- This video originated in Australia – and features "The Galaxy Song" from Monty Python's The Meaning of Life. While comic, it shares much info.
Sense of Self
- If our interconnected universe is continually expanding, shouldn't our identity do the same? In this short, entertaining video, we look at the dynamics that promote and inhibit our expanding sense of self.